Pages

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Out of my depth

A local Science Fiction club has asked me to help them run their annual Star Trek convention (the same one I spoke at last year).

I was kind of expecting to come in from the outside, analysing a working process and making suggestions for improvement.

This was not the case. The phone call I received went something along the lines of “Hi. We don’t have a venue, we don’t have a date, we haven’t actually done anything about arranging this con. What are you going to do about it?”

Sure, I may be the unchallenged South African expert on all things Trek, but how exactly does that qualify me for running a convention?

Okay, I’ve got some experience running conventions too… but a Health and Fitness Expo is very different to a Gaming Convention which, in turn, is surprisingly different to a Star Trek convention. I’m at somewhat of a loss.

*shrug*

3 comments:

  1. Come on 01. You know you want to do this. And even if you don't, you have to, because we're depending on you man. Be strong. Need any help, just shout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to share this one with you O1, as I know you would appreciate it. So the next time you are in VEGAS LOL...

    http://www.startrekexp.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Methods for Destroying the Earth...

    check it out... http://qntm.org/destroy

    :-)

    ReplyDelete