Pages

Monday, May 03, 2010

Foursquare Etiquette Questions

I recently posted about my decision to start using Foursquare, the location-based social networking tool.

I'm still having fun with it, but a few questions have come to mind regarding the proper etiquette for using it. I've also found a few resources that have answered my questions, but I've got a few that remain unanswered.



I'm going to tap into your collective wisdom to try and find the answers:
  1. If I went on holiday and stayed at a hotel or something, should I check in only when I arrive, or every day as long as I'm there?
  2. Should I check in at a place if I'm just there looking at/for something, but don't make an actual purchase? Like if I'm window-shopping, or if I'm looking for a specific item and they're out of stock.
  3. If one place is nested inside another place (like a coffee shop inside a shopping mall), should I check into both, or only one? Which one?

No comments:

Post a Comment