Pages

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Mail & Guardian Online: Japanese town gets a real robocop

Mail & Guardian Online: Japanese town gets a real robocop

This scares me.

I've watched enough science fiction to know that equipping automated systems with potentially lethal ordinance and programming them to "search and destroy" is all fun and games until somebody loses an eye.

Call me conservative, but I believe there are some jobs that are better left to real Humans.

I'm looking forward to the day when my house will be populated by a community of robotic slaves catering to my every whim, but I would still prefer the Autoguns at my gate to be manually fired.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed. But as I am feeling at the moment, I can think of a couple of uses for a search and destroy robot.

    ReplyDelete