Pages

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Mobility

I don't understand some humans.

With the advent of increasingly complex mobile devices finding their way into the pockets of average plebs, one would tend to think that this would be indicative of an encouraging trend: a trend of consciousness-raising, in which people in general are starting to embrace new forms of communication and novel ways of reaching out to one another across the formerly gaping chasm of the digital divide.

But that doesn't seem to be the case. Watching no more than a few minutes of prime-time TV (something I try to avoid) it appears that everyone in the world is using these devices for one thing: paying through the nose to download ridiculously idiotic video clips and annoying jingles.

I don't know why I'm suprised. I've met humans before.

Yet another reminder that our species is doomed. But then I'm fairly certain that when the end comes, most of them will be too preoccupied with the new Justin Timberlake polyphonic ringtone to notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment