Pages

Friday, May 09, 2008

Update Time

Right, so, now that I'm back in the land of the living, it's time to bring you guys up to speed on what's been going on.

As I mentioned, I've been working like crazy on my lecture for the Star Trek convention. First I was working on creating it, then on transcribing it. That's all done now. So, if you're interested in reading it, take a look here.

Hide recorded a video of the lecture, but there were sound issues (read: I am too tall, and the microphone wasn't close enough to my mouth to provide any magnification at all to my voice, but was just the right height for me to keep bashing it with my remote control). So I don't know if it will be salvageable enough to post. But if Hide is able to work her magic on it, you will be the first to know.

Next, there have been tremendous happenings aboard the USS Dauntless. We lost our old domain, so I was forced to come up with another plan in a hurry. Fortunately I think about these sorts of things, and within a couple of days, we had a fully operational new website at our new domain and hosted by my dear, dear friends over at Google. You can find it here!

I highly recommend the Google Apps backbone if you're looking for a one-stop web solution for your organisation. It's basically a web-based substitute for Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint and Office, all in one. Awesome. Plus, it's free for non-profit organisations, and very reasonably priced for companies. Check it out!

Other than our new website, it's been a very busy few weeks for the Dauntless. We've welcomed several new members aboard, including our first Israeli, we've had a number of Away Missions, we've had our photo published in the newspaper, and our friends over at Skepchick took notice of our SciOps Homeopathic Suicide Attempt, which sent our numbers soaring.

Well, that's about all I can think of right now. I'm sure there'll be more to come. I'm going to try my hardest to resume a more regular blogging schedule, but, as usual, no promises.

Swart out

No comments:

Post a Comment