Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I Endorse Things!

Wow! It's been a pretty momentous week over here at Universe HQ. In the space of a week I received two requests for endorsements! I've never been asked to endorse anything before, so who am I to refuse?

Firstly, in response to the recent spate of xenophobic violence that has plagued informal settlements here in South Africa, I've been asked to endorse immigrant amnesty.

This is a tough one. On the surface I like the idea, but it does raise all sorts of questions when it comes to enforceability, border control, administration and that sort of thing.

So while I'm thinking about whether or not I think it's a good idea to endorse it wholly, I suggest you guys hop over to Constant Flux and see what Gustav has to say about it. Let me know what you decide!

The second thing I've been asked to endorse is consumer producty! Awesome!

As you all know, I'm a sucker for an amusing and sarcastic T-shirt. And if that T-shirt also happens to portray a message that coincides to some extent with my world-view, so much the better! Well to my delight I learned that the guys over at Agnostees.com have produced a line of T-shirts (and other goodies) that do just that! Hooray!

So go check it out, and please feel free to buy and send me T-shirts. It's my birthday soon, guys!

2 comments:

  1. I apologize for spamming you with the endorsement request. Won't happen again.

    I just went a bit nuts after hearing that the refugee camps had self-organized schools. We need people like that in the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need to apologise, I'm glad you sent it! What is the blagosphere for, if not for promoting and recruiting folks for worthy causes?

    ReplyDelete