Pages

Friday, February 09, 2007

Wired 14.06: The Rise of Crowdsourcing

Wired 14.06: The Rise of Crowdsourcing

This is an idea I've been turning over in the back of my mind for a few weeks now. I firmly believe that this will become a viable career alternative for an increasingly large number of people.

In my mind I had a different name for it: "Google Work". I pictured myself ten years from now getting up in the morning, sitting down in front of the PC and asking myself "What do I want to do today?". Just think of something that you're interested in doing, run a search and find someone who would like to pay you to do it.

In order to work, it must be feasible to do enough pieces of work each month to replace a full-time salary. If that was the case, it could be a major boost to both individuals who don't like the idea of a "nine-to-five" and corporations who don't see the benefit in hiring a full-time employee or an expensive consultancy to cover one-off or infrequent tasks.

I'll be watching this closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment