Pages

Monday, October 03, 2005

I so rock!

In order to make my promotion to Executive Officer official, I had to complete the Officer’s Command College (OCC) exam from Starfleet Academy.

It was a lot more difficult that I anticipated. It took me a few weeks to complete, and I was stressed out about it, terrified that I wasn’t going to pass.

Well, the results came through yesterday – not only did I pass with Honours and a Distinction but I scored 114%!

I couldn’t believe it! I still can’t! The certificate is going to look really cool in its gold frame on my wall next to my SFI membership and OTS graduation certificates.

2 comments:

  1. It's a course designed to prepare you to become a Commanding Officer (an XO needs to be qualified for that as well, should he need to assume command).

    It asks many questions about Starfleet operations with regards to starting and running your own ship, as well as your responsiblities within the fleet as a whole.

    Some of them are relatively easy, it's just a matter of being able to find the information - knowing where to look.

    But some of them are somewhat more complicated - hypothetical scenarios depicting situations you may encounter as a CO, dealing with things like finances, leadership, marketing and ethics. Hectic.

    ReplyDelete