Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I Get Hate Mail - I Think

I'm so excited! I just recieved this email:

Check this out.
I like Star Trek.
I like the old ones, the "next generation", the movies ect [sic].
In fact I have probably watched and seen everything even slightly related to Star Trek.
I have read uncountable sci-fi books, magazines ect. In fact lately I have been noticing more and more people who don't have the foggiest idea that Omni magazine ever excisted [sic] or what it was about.(I am getting old)

I beg you not to take this as a [sic] attack of any kind.

Dude you have to lose the star fleet [sic] uniform, the whole star fleet [sic] officer as  a [sic] "occupation" shit.
Because that is what it is if you are relating it to who you are, and what you do.
Quit blogging and go out and meet real people for the first time face to face,
please.

DEl

P.S. if you can count how many women you've had on one hand leave the computer off until you can't be sure if you have forgotten some when counting.

It's difficult to follow, but despite the author's assertion that it is "not [an] attack of any kind" I think this is hate mail!

I particularly enjoyed this bit: the author took the time to add me to his Gmail Contacts. Look at the name he used (I've obscured my email address):



What do you guys think? Does this qualify as hate mail?

11 comments:

  1. Wow, what's odd to me is that this person would actually take time out to write this.
    At least he cares :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As they say playa be hatin'.

    How would Heidi feel about you steppin' out on her?

    Obviously this guy has a comfortable little box to put trekkies into and just seeing you in a SF uniform is enough for him to automatically assume you fit neatly into that box.

    On the other hand; I have never warn any sort of fan uniform and I would probably fit more comfortably into his "trekkie geek" box.

    I think it'd be an honour to be identified as dipshit in an eMail list; he can't use that as a nickname for anyone else in the world. That's a special kind of hatin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! That's true, I should feel honoured.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if it qualifies as "hate mail". "Confused mail" perhaps?

    You can imagine him thinking, "haha, I will start off acting like a real Trekkie, then BAM it will be so unexpected!" It's (almost) cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Erica - Yeah, it's like a Stealth Hatemail attack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew this Trekkie shit would catch up to you! :)

    I think you should send him one of our wedding photos with you wearing your Starfleet uniform oh so proudly with the tag "Dipshit and his wife" just in case he is too vacuous to grasp the meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Heidi

    Good idea :) "Mr and Mrs Dipshit"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would say it's hate mail, considering that he addressed you as "dipshit".

    nasty little man

    I think he's suffering from uniform envy if you ask me. Maybe he should ask his mummy to make him one too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Next, someone will try an online exorcism. :)

    It happend with me once on 24.com.

    ReplyDelete
  10. !completely off-topic comment alert!

    Owen, I seem to have de-linked you for some reason or other. I didn't mean to! Gremlins! I will fall upon my sword directly!

    Will relink in 5... 4... 3....

    etc.

    How are you anyway? Have not been reading blogs for a while, must catch up.

    LL&P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Back to topic: Ja I'm going with the stealth-hatemail diagnosis here, and I'll add a dash of teen angst to it. Someone send the puir wee thing a packet of jellytots or something.

    ReplyDelete