Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

The Hulk



Next to Superman, the Hulk is my favourite superhero.

I’ve always been able to identify with the thing of transforming into another person - a giant monster - whenever his emotions get too much for him. I feel the urge to do that as well. Sometimes I even give in to the urge.

Today was a day when I felt that urge. I can’t discuss the details of it, but thankfully I didn’t give in to it this time.

One quote kept flashing through my head this afternoon. If I remember correctly it’s from The Incredible Hulk #250, June 1994 (I have the holographic variant cover edition). It goes something like this:

I heard a scream. I wanted to laugh, and cry… and kill… and kill… and kill… and keep on killing until the green is washed away with red!

Today that is how I feel.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, like JB (& the Hulk), I can also relate to the uncontrollable swelling of emotional turmoil aka rage. I always felt very sorry for the Hulk when I used to watch the tv show (a long time ago) but I think that was in part due to Lou Ferrigno and the way he portrayed him.

    However, I must say that Spiderman was my number one superhero, especially pre Toby Maguire.

    ReplyDelete