Pages

Friday, February 18, 2005

Well, that wasn't so bad

Last night I had to return to the Ex’s house to drop off a couple of things. I was expecting it to be just as uncomfortable as Tuesday night, so I had planned to just leave the CD and run.

But when I arrived it was completely different. It was actually pleasant.

I had dinner with the Ex’s soon-to-be step-daughter (a charming little 4-year-old blonde bombshell). Then the Ex and I sat and chatted for a while, swapped music and brought each other up to speed on what’s going on in our respective families.

It was quite comfortable being in her familiar presence again.

Let me just say for the record that I still entertain no wishes or desires to get back with her. I wouldn’t take her back if she begged me; it was just nice to reminisce a little with someone who was a big part of my life for a long time.

Even the fiancé seems to be more comfortable with my presence now, so I reckon I can sing at the wedding without worrying about upsetting anyone.

And to make it even better, the new lady in my life gave me a call while I was there. The Ex commented that she knew who was calling because she saw how my face “lit up” when I answered the phone. I just smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment