Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Not too bad

I’m quite satisfied with my result in today’s tournament.

 

I came third overall. That’s the best I’ve ever done. I came third last time as well… at least I’m maintaining my position, not slipping back.

 

The tweaks to my deck seemed to make a little difference, but I’ve identified a few more tweaks to make. Although I’m sure some special treatment from a special lady this morning is what really made me do as well as I did.

 

Next month we’re having a 1st Edition tournament instead… for old times sake. I’ll be trying to remember my old Federation deck, but I fear no one will be able to stand up to the old Borg Anti-Time Anomaly deck that used to terrorize our player group back when 1E was still all there was. But we’ll see how it goes. I may be able to take a shot at 3rd place again.

2 comments:

  1. I understood like three words in that entry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, here’s the English translation:

    I’m quite satisfied with my result in today’s tournament.

    I came third overall. That’s the best I’ve ever done. I came third last time as well… at least I’m maintaining my position, not slipping back.

    [I came 3rd again. Yay!]

    The tweaks to my deck seemed to make a little difference, but I’ve identified a few more tweaks to make.

    [I made a few small changes to the deck I use for tournaments which have improved its performance in the game, but after playing a few rounds I’ve spotted a few more changes I need to make]

    Although I’m sure some special treatment from a special lady this morning is what really made me do as well as I did.

    [Eh hehehehehe… no clarification here]

    Next month we’re having a 1st Edition tournament instead… for old times sake.

    [The original version of the Star Trek card game is now called First Edition (1E). It was discontinued a couple pf years ago and replaced with Second Edition. For the hell of it, next month we’re going to haul out our old 1E cards for the next tournament]

    I’ll be trying to remember my old Federation deck,

    [My deck of choice in the 1E days used mainly ships and personnel belonging to the United Federation of Planets affiliation, thus it was referred to as a Federation Deck. Since I haven’t used it in a while, it’s going to be a little tough trying to remember what cards I used in the deck]

    but I fear no one will be able to stand up to the old Borg Anti-Time Anomaly deck that used to terrorize our player group back when 1E was still all there was.

    [One of the players in our group used to win every tournament with his Borg deck. His strategy employed a card called Anti-time Anomaly… suffice to say it was devastatingly effective. No-one ever beat that deck]

    But we’ll see how it goes. I may be able to take a shot at 3rd place again.

    [If I play my cards right (*snicker*) I may be able to score third again]

    ReplyDelete