Pages

Monday, March 28, 2005

The purpose

I'm writing this while sitting atop a hill in the Marico district in the North West Province.

Camping with the family was a bad idea. I forgot to take into account that my sisters have babies.

These babies have continuously disrupted my sleep for the past two nights, as well as prevented me from getting a moment's peace, until now.

We're on a short hike, and I've decided to hang back and let the others go on ahead... With the screaming babies.

This moment now has been the entire purpose of the trip up to this point... Sitting on a rock, listening to the birds and the rush of the river on the rocks below. Looking out over the lush green of the valley and hills before me, the only scent on the light breeze is the familiar sweet smell of the bushveld.

This is why I came

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Glad you gained something positive from the weekend.

    ReplyDelete