Pages

Thursday, March 23, 2006

batjaj

It means Day of Honour. The Klingons celebrate it every year, and so do many Trekkies, such as myself.

March 23rd was chosen because it is the anniversary of the first appearance of Klingons in Star Trek, back in 1967.

The Day of Honour is a day when every Klingon examines himself and his actions over the last year, and tries to determine if he has acted with honour.

In matters of honour, a warrior is accountable only to himself. He must judge himself fairly, but privately. For this reason I won't be spilling out a full audit of my activities over the past year for your reading pleasure.

Instead, I encourage each of you to look within yourself this batjaj, and examine your actions... Look at your intentions, your words and the results thereof. Ask yourself, "If I were in that situation again, knowing what I know now, would I react the same way?" And, most importantly, take the answer of that question to heart... Use it to influence your daily actions and attitudes, so that when next batjaj comes around, you may judge yourself less harshly.

Qapla'

No comments:

Post a Comment