Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Review: Star Wars Episode III

I was really impressed. After the dismal failures of the last two episodes I was expecting another sell-out marketing machine, but I was pleasantly surprised to see an actual high-quality Star Wars movie!

I don’t want to go into too much detail for the sake of those who haven’t seen it, but I only have two criticisms…

1. The acting was flat… especially from Haden Christensen. It was uninspired and in many cases unbelievable. I found it to be disengaging, especially in the first half hour or so of the film.

2. This isn’t so much a criticism, this was inevitable due to the nature of the fact that it’s a prequel. The fact that we already knew what happened to all the major characters at the end removed a lot of the excitement from the final scenes. Although the big fights were awesome in their scope and a true feast for the eyes, there was no real suspense. That couldn’t really be helped I suppose.

Otherwise, it was awesome. Go see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment