Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2005

"Scotty, beam me up!"



Well my lecture on Transporters went down very well. I remembered all my jokes, and had a very cooperative and attentive audience.

Not to mention the cutie in the front row (wearing a Star Trek t-shirt, no less) who kept asking really intelligent and well thought out questions… she even asked me a couple I couldn’t answer… I was impressed.

Science Fiction South Africa (the organizers of the convention) were so impressed they immediately asked me back for next year, and invited me to join the organizing committee for next year’s con… even though I’m not an SFSA member!

This has to be the best thing in the world… immersing myself in the Star Trek experience, while at the same time teaching other people about it.

If only I could do this for a living!

3 comments: