Pages

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

*sniff* *sniff* Is that shit in my cereal?

Well i've just figured out a perfect place where I would like to stick that sword.

Although I'm not supposed to have access to this information, it has come to my attention that my company has hired a new guy into the division I work in.

Let me refresh your memory: a few weeks ago we recieved a general email informing us that since we didn't have available funds none of us would be getting increases or bonuses this year.

This guy used to work with us before. About a year ago he made such a huge stuff up on one of our projects, our company had to do some serious legal moonwalking to prevent us from being sued by the client. Suffice to say he left the company.

Now I hear he's been re-hired as a SysAdmin for a new warehouse we're building. Now, in our company a SysAdmin is ranked one below Junior Application Consultant, and would theoretically be paid less. I'm a Junior Application Consultant.

Yet I hear this guy is being paid THREE TIMES my salary... which equates to One Crapload of moolah... it's a good 10k per month more than our highest paid Senior Consultant as well as our Project Managers. Even our General Manager doesn't earn that much!

Is it just me, or is there something fundamentally wrong with this?

He's a goober who dropped the ball in a BIG way once before, he's coming in at an entry-level position and he's earning a management salary... something doesn't smell right here.

Suffice to say, those of us who are aware of this are livid. But since we're not supposed to know, there's precious little we can do about it.

I don't blame the dude... he's just looking out for himself. What I want to know is, WTF is this guy doing here? We can't afford him, we don't need his skills (we have the same skills already in our team) and now the rest of us have to suffer because of it! I'd love to know which management motherphucker authorised this little transaction so I can give him a little moqba'ra' demonstration.

1 comment:

  1. It's a perfect demonstration of the Dilbert Principle: "companies should promote their worst employees to managerial positions so as to prevent these employees from directly affecting the consumer's experience"

    The problem here is, this guy wasn't promoted, he was hired. And also, as SysAdmin, he's in a position where he is in direct contact with the customer all the time.

    No good has come of this yet, and I only see it ending even worse.

    ReplyDelete